I am down to the last palette of Chromebooks, at around 300 per stack. A total of 900+ Chromebooks will be completed on Monday and my required hours for the internship will be complete.
My resume crafting is improving as I am actually at least getting looks at my submissions through job sites. My goal is to leverage other skills I have with tech work to find some sort of niche industry that is seeking someone that can bridge the gap between network or computer support and creative production and output.
If the IT department at Mt. Baker still needs some help, I will most likely stay on board and work half days after my school credit hours have been satisfied. That will give me larger blocks of time to focus on the job search and perhaps take a well needed vacation.
The experience overall has been good. I have a general overall idea of how ticketing system works in an organization, maintenance and upkeep of server systems and power issues, keeping group policy up to date with changes being made to staff, teachers and computers, updating computer labs, imaging machines using dedicated servers, implementing new ticketing systems with integrated asset management, working with outside contractors for miscellaneous office equipment support, tearing down and setting up a lab and joining the new lab computers to the domain and other topics that I will write about more thoroughly in my final post.
No comments:
Post a Comment